Thursday, February 07, 2013
1. The Santa Fe Trail (Theme)
2. Independence Missouri (Trailhead)
3. Human Beings (Osage, Kiowa, Comanche, Cheyenne, Apache)
4. Incident at Council Grove
5. Vengeance on the Plains
7. Race Across the Colorado Desert (Timberwolves and Coyotes)
9. Sangre de Cristos
10. Americana Santa Fe (Terminus)
I've been enjoying the Natural Encounters CD series very much; I especially love the historical narrative in the liner notes for this Santa Fe Trail album! Ten instrumentals describe a journey along the Santa Fe trail from Independence, Missouri ("edge of the frontier"), finally into Santa Fe New Mexico ("wilderness of the American West"), appropriately riding the last phase of the trek alongside the Pecos River.
The notes tell us the music celebrates "all that is American Indian, Anglo, Latino" coming together to share the fruit. Musical style and scoring are bright, colorful, reflective, and evocative, without becoming wildly dissonant. You might want to stop for a while to listen, or play Santa Fe Trail in the background as you work through other tasks. This CD is © 1998.
my amazon review: journey into a wilderness